Here is a round-up of the top ten, most popular posts of 2014 for Take It Personel-ly. It is a great blend of leadership, human resources and social media. I have enjoyed blogging this year and look forward to writing more posts, connecting with my readers and your comments in 2015. Thank you for your continued support. It means a lot to me.
10) 4 Ways to Balance Your Ego In Leadership ~ Ego in Leadership is like being a tight-rope walker. It needs to be delicately balanced. You need a certain amount of ego as a leader to achieve, to innovate, to have the courage to try something new, and to conquer adversities.
9) 5 Benefits Of Using Visual Content In Your Social Media Posts ~ “Social media is changing the way we communicate and the way we are perceived, both positively and negatively. Every time you post a photo, or update your status, you are contributing to your own digital footprint and personal brand.” ~Amy Jo Martin
8) Leadership and Followership is About Finding Your Dance Floor ~ As many of my regular leaders know, I love participating in tweetchats on Twitter. Tonight on #TChat I had the opportunity to hear some great insights on Values Based Leadership by Mark Fernandes.
7) How I Found The Strength To Sustain Myself ~ “Resilience is all about being able to overcome the unexpected. Sustainability is about survival. The goal of resilience is to thrive.” -Jamais Cascio
6) Think You Don’t Have Time For Learning? Try Microlearning (Guest Post) ~ I am a proponent of life long learning. That does not mean it has to be purely academic. Learning about the things that interest you, and feel passionate about are important too.
5) Leading With Love: 10 Quotes To Inspire You ~ However you celebrate Valentine’s Day, remember to carry the meaning and feeling behind it with you all year long. For me that means leading with a servant heart and putting others first. It also means having compassion, empathy and active listening skills everyday.
4) Live The Boomerang Principle ~ What is the Boomerang Principle you ask? It is basically the law of cause and effect. Whatever you send out into life comes back to you in one form or another. Some people call it Karma.
3) Leadership: 4 Ways to Act With Integrity And Humility ~ There are so many facets to being a good leader. I think that in order to be a good leader, it is important to act with Integrity and Humility in all that you do. You have to remind yourself that success is earned, not bestowed.
2) 5 Reasons Why Vision Is Important In Leadership ~ “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” ~ Carl Jung
And the most popular post of 2014 is:
1) 5 Quotes To Inspire Employee Engagement ~ Keeping employees engaged is more than a pat on the back or saying ‘Good Job’ every once and a while. It needs to be something that is incorporated into the company’s culture and values.
Photo Licensed from Getty Images