These past months haven’t been easy on our mental health. With so much uncertainty and disruptions to how we work, it’s no wonder that many are experiencing stress and anxiety that can wreak havoc on our sense of self-confidence.
That’s why it’s so important to take time for our mental health and recharge in any way that feels right to you. Whether that’s going on a long walk to clear your head or drawing up a hot bath, these little acts of self-care really do add up. And while we can’t control some of the factors that cause stress and anxiety in our lives, by building our confidence in ourselves we can feel empowered to face these challenges head on.
To help remind yourself of your own magic, we’ve rounded up a collection of quotes that inspire body positivity. These quotes are great to jot down on a piece of paper and post wherever you need a boost throughout your day.
1. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that—to be different. But different is good.” — Serena Williams, Professional tennis player
2. “There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.” — Maria Mitchell, Astronomer
3. “Each individual woman’s body demands to be accepted on its own terms” — Gloria Steinem, Journalist & Activist
4. “I’ve learned that if you’re too skinny, they’ll say something about it. If you’re not skinny enough, they’ll say something about it. I just try to feel good in my own skin as much as I can.” — Jennifer Love Hewitt, Actress
5. “I am allowed to look sexy, feel sexy, and be in love. I am worthy of all those things. And so are you.” — Mary Lambert, Singer
6. “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” — Emma Stone, Actress
7. “Life is way too short to be focused on scales, weight and cellulite. If you can look in the mirror and know that you’re a beautiful, loving, friendly person who’s good to people, that’ll ultimately make you shine on the outside.” — Teresa Palmer, Actress
8. “As a child, I never heard one woman say to me, ‘I love my body’. Not my mother, my elder sister, my best friend. No one woman has ever said, ‘I am so proud of my body.’ So I make sure to say it to my daughter because a positive physical outlook has to start at an early age.” — Kate Winslett, Actress
9. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters — on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.” — Michelle Obama, Activist & former First Lady
10. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” — Barbara De Angelis, Author & consultant
For even more self-confidence inspiration, Tommy John has curated a collection of body positivity quotes to make us more comfortable in our own skin. You’ll be surprised how something as simple as reminding yourself of your worth can help to reach your goals and find happiness within yourself.