Living an organic lifestyle is more than just eating food free from fertilizers and pesticides. There is more to living organically than just the food. To live organically means to live simply, healthily, and close to nature. Today, there is a wide range of organic products, including clothing and beauty products. And when it comes to beauty products, organic is the way to go. ou can trust emeraldspa.com in this regard as they have variety of skin care and beauty products.
Organic beauty products are essentially natural, meaning these are made with ingredients derived from nature. The natural ingredients are grown and farmed through organic farming methods that do not use pesticides, bioengineered genes, or petroleum-based fertilizers.
In addition, these are also free of irritating ingredients and additives like preservatives, parabens, chemical dyes, fragrances, and oil. By using organic products rather than commercial-made makeup, you are reaping the many rewards in terms of both health and beauty. Below are some beauty and skincare facts about organic cosmetic products:
Unlike commercially-made makeup, organic cosmetics are safer for the environment. This is because a lot of synthetic and chemical ingredients are used to produce these commercial-made products. Later, these chemicals may find their way to the environment, affecting and harming the air, land, bodies of water, and even the animals they get in contact with.
Aside from the ingredients themselves, many organic makeup brands also use environmentally-friendly and sustainable packaging. One way to truly live organically is to consider also the packaging of the products you buy.
Most of the packaging of mass-produced makeup is made from plastic and, as everyone knows, plastics do not break down and are tossed into landfills or end up in the ocean, harming the environment and animal life. And speaking of animals, organic makeup is cruelty-free, meaning that no animal testing was involved in its production, unlike some commercially made products.
No artificial ingredients
Organic makeup is made with natural ingredients, such as vegetable oils, beeswax, and milk, to name a few. As such, these are free from parabens or preservatives that are used in the process of making makeup. And since there are no artificial or synthetic ingredients, organic makeup is also free from artificial perfumes that can cause skin irritation or allergies to some users.
Gentle on the skin
Since organic cosmetics are made from natural ingredients, it is gentler on the skin and suitable for all skin types, making it the most appropriate cosmetic product to atopic and sensitive skins. Even people who do not have sensitive skin can benefit from organic makeup because the natural ingredients prevent any drying, itching, or redness to the skin.
Aside from being gentle on the skin, organic cosmetics can also provide additional nourishment with ingredients such as Vitamin E, witch hazel, coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil. These ingredients are well-known for helping the skin be healthier because its full of antioxidants that help ward off early signs of aging to keep the skin looking good.
Protection from premature aging
The ingredients in organic beauty products provide the skin some protection from the sun. These ingredients have antioxidants like Vitamin C, which has sun-shielding benefits.
Common ingredients for organic makeup
As previously stated, many organic beauty products contain natural ingredients that have healthful benefits. The usual ingredients are:
- Cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and makes for an effective natural emollient that protects the skin against the sun’s UV rays, slows its aging process, reduces the risk of wrinkles, and is an effective nourishing moisturizer.
- Aloe vera. Aloe vera is a popular ingredient for lotions due to its cooling and anti-inflammatory effect. The pulp from aloe vera contains Vitamins B1, B2, B6, and C, choline, niacinamide, glycoprotein, enzymes, amino acids, phytochemicals, and salicylic acids, all of which are beneficial to the skin.
- Charcoal. Charcoal or activated charcoal helps absorb impurities, drawing excess oil, dirt, bacteria, toxins, and chemicals from the skin.
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil is the most versatile ingredient as it can be used for skin and food. It is also one of the few oils that is hypoallergenic. It treats chronic skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis, and its high concentration of lipids provides and maintains the skin’s hydration and moisture.
- Green tea. Green tea has potent antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic, and anti-inflammatory properties that slow down the process of aging, repair or improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin, and reduce topical oxidative stress.
- Shea butter. Like cocoa butter, shea butter has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and emollient properties that make for an effective moisturizer for dry skin. It is also used to treat all types of skin disorders, from rashes and sunburn to chapping, eczema, and others. Some of the best organic face moisturizers contain shea butter.
- Rosehip oil. Rosehip oil contains heaps of Vitamins A to E, including Vitamin C. Its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties are widely used to treat and strengthen dry, irritated, and weathered skin, burns, and scars. It also helps reduce the signs of aging.
Other ingredients used in organic makeup include pomegranate, grape, white tea, calendula, macadamia oil, and apricots. These are prime ingredients to protect the skin from free radical damage and maintain its elasticity.
The Future of Beauty is Green
When it comes to organic products in general, the popularity stems from people gravitating towards living a cleaner and more organic lifestyle. Beauty products are essential for many women because it helps them enhance their appearance to boost their self-esteem.
As explained, organic beauty products are beneficial for the body and the environment because they use only natural ingredients, including production and even packaging.
However, not all organic and natural beauty products are equal, so ensure that the products you are getting are certified as organic to guarantee their safety. Unfortunately, some items masquerade as all-natural but still include unwanted ingredients.
You can also do a patch test to see if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in your chosen products. Researching helps when choosing the right brand, understanding the components, and determining if the products suit your skin type and needs.