While the monotonous routine never ends for grown-ups, kids wherever are getting once again into the routine now that schools are open! If the last eighteen months of lockdown have shown us something, it’s that wellbeing and health are significant for growth.
To have a healthy lifestyle for you and your children, you need to begin with good nourishment. Grown-ups can take care of themselves, but when it comes to children with the Little Spoon Promo Code from Little Spoon Food Tours, you can get healthy meals for your kids delivered to your doorstep.
Parents that are having difficulty managing their daily life, have to get their children easy and healthy meals that kids will love.
Children do love to eat different foods and smoothies. You can read here about smoothies that are healthy for your children and how?
Nutritious smoothies are a good method for getting the nutrients required for your children. Smoothies are not so expensive and are also rich in taste. As you should know they are not difficult to prepare, besides that they can be adjusted by your children taste.
Take smoothies as the beginning of the healthy diet, it is the drink where you are required to mix all healthy vegetables and fruits so your children can enjoy healthy nutrients on the go.
If you want smoothies to be thick and healthier, plant-based milk is recommended to use i.e. Oat milk or almond milk.
If you want your children to consume dairy products, add a scoop of yogurt which also assists in making the smoothie thicker. Besides that, to make smoothies more favorite for your children, you can have these healthy toppings on smoothie drinks:
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Peanuts, almonds, and walnuts
Smoothies rich in protein for children
Smoothies that are healthy and rich in protein are vital for children, mainly when consuming smoothies instead of meals. Breakfast meals that are rich in proteins not only assist in focusing, but also assist the body to perform well and boost their mood.
The addition of protein in your kid’s meal cannot be a stress-free task to do but your children will love it and it’s important for them too. Some of the healthy selections that can be mixed with a smoothie for your children are:
- Any kind of milk – Mixing regular milk with a smoothie can be a great source of protein as one glass of regular milk has 9 grams of protein.
Regular milk also brings a thick and creamy texture to the smoothie. If you want your children to consume less sugar or fat, give it a try using almond milk without sugar.
- Yogurt – It is rich in protein and a good ingredient to mix with smoothies. Mixing yogurt will also make the smoothie texture thick and creamy.
It is not important what type of yogurt you using for your children’s smoothie, just ensure it is produced with regular milk, no sugar, and probiotics.
- Avocado – It is one of the best sources of protein in fruits. Mixing a small amount of avocado with a smoothie will not only assist in providing nutrition but also helps you to get a creamy and thick texture for your children’s smoothies.
- Almond butter – Almond butter is one of the good sources for getting more proteins in smoothies and also tastes better. Almond butter not only provides a good amount of protein, but it also improves a smoothie by providing fats that help in maintaining good health.
- Peanut butter – Most children do love peanut butter. It is one of the common items in many houses. One tablespoon of peanut butter has around 4 grams of protein. The texture of peanut butter is creamy, which can be a good combination with healthy smoothies for your kids.
Fruity smoothies for children
For guardians, that are fussy about eating, fruity smoothies can be their choice. However, who doesn’t like to consume the sweet, rich taste of fruits?
Preparing a chilled fruity smoothie for children is not a hard task, as a huge variety of fruits can be combined with smoothies.
All fruits can be mixed with smoothies if properly arranged like seeds should be removed and skins peeled. Some of the fruit ingredients that are famous with smoothies are shared below:
Recipe for a healthy smoothie
If you don’t know much about smoothies and don’t know how to prepare some, Read the recipe below to prepare a healthy, delicious fruity smoothie that your children will like.
- Half cup of frozen orange
- 1 and a half-frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 small lemons
- Half cup of frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 350 ml of milk or water
Steps to prepare:
Put all the ingredients in your blender and start mixing until it gets thick enough. If you want a smoothie texture to get thicker then give it a try by using yogurt or cream with the required amount till it reaches the required consistency. Serve it to your children in cups and let them decide.
It is highly recommended to involve your kids while preparing smoothies for them. Making smoothies with children will also increase the bondage between the parent and the children.
On the other hand, kids do enjoy food and drinks prepared by themselves. This way you can also know what smoothies your children like the most.
It is important to know what your children enjoy most while providing them with healthy food or drink? Do they like fruity smoothies more than a green veggie smoothies? Well parents having busy schedules, can use the Little Spoon promo code and enjoy their huge variety of healthy food for their children.
About the Author
Barbara Williams mastered nutrition education at American University Washington, DC. Barbara worked as a nutritionist for 15 years and then opened her gym where she used to guide women for their own and children’s health.