Anyone who is reading this most likely is curious about or has some interest in learning more about foreign exchange markets and trading in them online. Because of the rise of Forex over the last few years, there are now millions of traders world wide making money from trading within this market.
However, for those people who do not have any prior knowledge of the financial markets or trading on them, it can be a daunting world to enter, and is something that puts people off from getting involved in it. To help you come to terms with everything, we have put together this handy guide to provide some more insight.
What Is Forex Trading?
Forex stands for foreign exchange market, which is the biggest and most liquid of all the financial markets in the world. Thanks to the development of the Internet, it opened up the opportunity for the market to be traded on by retail clients via various different trading platforms – check here the best forex trading platform UK.
Prior to this, it was only available for trading on by institutional clients. Each and every day there up to trillions of United States dollars are traded on these various platforms, with retail clients making up above 5 percent of that volume – that equates to some 250 billion dollars in terms of daily turnover.
However, the vast majority of Forex trade comes from financial institutions, international trade companies, hedge funds. The foreign exchange market acts as the world wide marketplace where currencies are traded, creating flows of funds that individuals traders can use in order to make a profit.
Trading On The Forex Market
Speak to any Forex trader and they will provide you with a different answer from the next one as to why they have chosen this particular financial market to work with. This is because it has so much to offer to all levels of traders, especially when done so online. Some of these reasons we have detailed below for you.
- It is accessible – just like any of the other trading platforms, trades can be made on the forex market completely online, meaning that it is accessible to retail clients at any time of the day – 24/7. Those who are new to trading can start off with just as little as 100 United States dollars, so pretty much anyone can afford it.
- It is volatile – the greater amount of volatility that exists within a financial market, the greater the opportunity there is to make some serious returns from trading on there. On the Forex market, it is not uncommon to see prices fluctuate by 50 to 100 pips on an almost daily basis against a major currency.
- Lots of possibilities – as well as buying low and selling high, there are actually a number of other ways in which retail clients can make money on the Forex market without ever actually owning an asset. This trading technique is known as going short. There is also the possibility to use another technique of trading margin.
- Utilizes latest technology – with Forex trading becoming increasingly popular with traders from all over the world, more and more trading platforms are beginning to appear. In order to stand out from one another, the software that each of these use is constantly being updated in order to make the trading process as easy as possible.
- Lots of regulation – because trading on the Forex market is continuously monitored and with both retail and institutional clients both being subject to regulation by various authorities, it highlights just how safe trading on it is. However, these regulations only apply to those individuals who are fully regulated brokers.
- There are promotions – when opening up an account on a platform to trade Forex on, some platforms will in fact provide a certain level of deposit bonus. In addition to this, there are some brokers out there that run regular promotions and give out incentives – although these are not valid for retail clients.
- Opportunity for growth – although mastering the process of trading on the forex markets can be time consuming when you first start off, once you get the hang of doing it, it opens up lots of new potential opportunities to you. This includes things like becoming an account manager and making commission from doing so.
- Large trading community – there are numerous different networks and forums dedicated to Forex trading, where you can talk with other traders about any and everything related to financial markets or otherwise. On these you will easily be able to find experts and educators to get good wholesome advice from.
- Educational materials galore – Forex brokers have taken it upon themselves to produce vast amounts of educational materials for those hundreds / thousands of traders opening up accounts on a daily basis. Reading through just some of these will help to greatly increase your understanding of the financial market and how to make money from it.
- Important trading conditions – having conditions for trading in place are vital for any professional day traders. With commissions and spreads on the Forex market being relatively low, it makes it an attractive place to work in. Because of how well the infrastructure is, making trades is a very simple and smooth process.
How To Get Started
Because of how accessible the Forex market is for retail clients to start trading on, all that is required to get started is an Internet enabled device, such as a laptop computer or a mobile phone with an actual Internet connection. From there, it is the case of finding an online broker, opening up an account, and obtaining a Forex trading platform.
Once that all of these things are in place, you are then in a position to get started and potentially earn some money from a successful trading strategy. As previously mentioned, getting to grips with the financial market will take some time and so it is best to start off by making small trades rather than using up all of your funds straight away.