25 Interview Mistakes That Employers Hate

At some point in your adult life, you’ll need to go to an interview. Unfortunately, there are many things that can go wrong, especially when you’ll not only be judged on what you say, but also what you don’t say. 55% of your first impression will come from your body language, clothes, posture, handshake etc. The other 45% will come from how you answer the interviewer’s questions, the tone of your voice and how you communicate that you’re the best fit for their company.

As you can see, that’s a lot of ground to cover! Thankfully, this infographic shows 25 of the most common interview mistakes, both verbal and non-verbal so that you can have the best chance possible of getting the job. It can help as a virtual playlist to ensure that you’re doing everything right, so you outshine any other candidates.

In the event you’re a seasoned professional and you’ve already been to more than a handful of interviews, then you probably think you don’t need to read this list. Nothing can be further from the truth as the best of us often forget exactly what to do and say before, during and after an interview. So, no matter if you’re going on an interview for an entry level job or for a CEO position, avoiding these common mistakes will help you to make a huge impression that will always get you noticed and hired.

25 Interview Mistakes That Employers Hate

25 Interview Mistakes That Employers Hate

Infographic by Technium.ca

One comment

  1. This is a great article with great suggestions, glad I found it on Triberr. I think that most suggestions are also good for virtual applicants. My favorite, one that I usually fall short is #15, getting too comfortable in the interview. I often end up interviewing them and coming across way too comfortable. Thanks for sharing, I think I’ll print this to help me the next time I go to an interview!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.