I have been using my new HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477DFW printer for a month now and I am still loving it! (My initial review can be found here.) If you are looking for a last minute tech gift that can be used by the whole family, or a little something extra for yourself and your home based business, or small business, then this printer might be the item you have been searching for.
I love that this printer can print directly from a USB and I used it to print all my custom Christmas cards and gift labels this year. The images and text are crisp, clear and streak free. It was a great way to add a personal touch this holiday season. The printer also produces great double sided reports and documents that I use for my small business and the various committees that I participate in.
For the past couple of weeks I have been playing with the apps that come with the printer as well as others that are available for download directly to the printer. There is stuff for the whole family. The printer comes with the following pre-installed apps under the apps menu:
- Manage – Where you can manage the apps that you have set up for pre-printing documents daily.
- Private Print – Where you would log in to print an item that you sent privately to the printer.
- NBC News – Set it up to get top news up to 7 days a week (you set the schedule where it will print up to 29 pages).
- Drive – Access to all your Google Drive documents after a quick set up.
- Management Toolkit from MindTools – Browse and print various MindTools documents or schedule them to print at specific times.
- Leadership – Schedule and print 1-2 pages weekly from Stever Robbins (who has a podcast with over 15 million subscribers). He offers advice and strategy for leaders.
- Quick Forms – HP offers some convenient pre-loaded forms that you can access and print from this app. Includes; calendar, games, graph paper, music paper, notebook paper, checklist and fax covers.
- Times Digest – Schedule top news, business, features, opinion and sports to print up to 7 days a week.
- U Crossword – Schedule the world’s most popular crossword to print up to 7 days a week.
- Dreamworks – Browse and print coloring pages or schedule them to print.
- Menu Planner – Receive a week’s worth of flavorful, nutritious and low-fat meal ideas.
- Disney – Browse and print coloring pages or schedule them to print.
- Jeux Math – Schedule weekly math problems to print. (French)
- Angry Birds – Browse and print Angry Birds coloring pages and activities or schedule them to print.
- A la une – Schedule and print daily economics and finance news. (French)
- Tony Robbins – Schedule to print up to 3 days per week Peak Performance, Business Growth, and Time & Life from Tony Robbins.
- Comics – Build your own ‘funny pages’ with comics that you chose.
- Education – Get a fun, educational, daily printable from Education.com, available 7 days a week.
- LeapFrog – Receive educational activities from LeapFrog.
By logging into the HPE Print Center you can access more apps; recipes, other family activities, news, other forms and productivity items, greeting cards and lots more!!
The HP Color LaserJet Pro offers so many wonderful features and is easy to use and set up right out of the box. This printer offers so many options for business and/or personal use. It is a great printer and I can’t believe the difference using a good quality printer makes. I will never go back to those cheap $40 printers offered on special.
The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477DFW printer has the following features:
If you are in need of a new printer, consider the HP Color LaserJet Pro. It will not disappoint!
Disclosure: HP products mentioned in this post were supplied by HP Canada.
I received a HP Color LaserJet Pro M477DFW Printer from HP Canada for review purposes. Good or bad, my reviews and opinions are honest with my readers best interest in mind. I am not paid for positive reviews.